1+1: Child Sponsorship
The 1 + 1 initiative is that for every child that attends Kid City, we would like to have a child sponsored in another country by a Connection Pointe member.
Here are some things to consider in sponsoring a child:
- Sponsoring a child allows us to participate in God’s Kingdom work in another part of the world.
- It brings hope, encouragement and a relationship to a child who may not have much to look forward to in this world.
- Being noticed by a sponsor, receiving letters, and having the support needed to attend school, receive basic living necessities (food, water, medical) and spiritual teaching becomes a new framework for a child to build their future story.
- It establishes a relationship that both child and sponsor enjoy.
- It teaches us to look beyond our own needs to the needs of others.
Connection Pointe member, Cinthya Brown, reflects on growing up in Columbia, South America, as a sponsored child: