5 FALL TRADITIONS TO START THIS YEAR
Looking for ways to enjoy the fall season and create lasting memories? We asked around and found some of the best things to do in the Indy area. Sit down as a family and pick out one or two activities to do together.
1. Go to a Pumpkin Patch
Beasley's Orchard - Family-friendly environment where you can take a hayride to the pumpkin patch, go apple picking or do a corn maze.
Dull's Tree Farm - There's plenty to do besides grab a pumpkin. Try the big slides, slingshots, and tire mountain.
Hogan's Farm - Pick your pumpkins and enjoy the kid zone, a corn maze, and a petting zoo.
Exploration Acres - Family fun center with an 22-acre corn maze, hay rides, seasonal pumpkins and a rustic country store.
2. Sip on Apple Cider
Make hot apple cider, snuggle up on the couch, and watch your favorite movie.
3. Enjoy a FREE Activity
• Rake up leaves and then jump in the pile. It is a fun way to get the whole family working together.
• Have a campfire in the backyard. Invite a few neighbors to join, and be sure you don't forget the marshmallows for s'mores.
• Do something that brings cheer to others. Make cookies and deliver them to a neighbor, rake someone's yard, or take treats to a local fire or police station.
• Fall Crafts - from leaf painting to pine cone bird feeders there are a lot of fun crafts to do as a family.
4. Bake a Fall Inspired Dessert
Maybe it's an apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top or a pumpkin pie with a big dollop of whipped cream.
5. Take a Walk Outside
Get outside and take in the fresh air while walking through Arbuckle Acres Park, Williams Park or Eagle Creek. If you're up for a little bit of a drive head to Turkey Run or Brown County. Winter could be here before we know it, so we better take full advantage of the outdoors while it's not too cold.